For the protection of our valued residents and the safety of our staff, at the recommendation of the South Dakota Dept of Health, the following protocols for residents and visitors are as follows:
We are not allowing visitors at this time
to protect your loved ones from COVID-19.
Thank you for understanding.
Facility protection action
- Ask your family members or friends to avoid visiting you for the time being. We know this is difficult, but this virus has been shown to have dire consequences for older adults and those with underlying health conditions.
- Ask the staff about other ways you can communicate with your loved ones, whether by phone, video or social media.
- If there are individuals, such as an immediate family member, who need to come see you, let the facility know.
- Follow everyday preventive actions such as:
- Washing your hands or using alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Covering your cough and sneezes
- Ask other individuals (including staff) to avoid touching you with handshakes, hugs or kisses. Ask them to wash their hands. Do not be shy! It’s okay to remind people.
- If you begin to experience coughing, sneezing or a fever, tell a staff member immediately.